This website and mobile application “Docvidya" ("Application") is managed and operated by Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Limited, a company incorporated under the laws of India, having its registered office at 8-2-337, Road No. 3, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad-500034, Telangana (“we”, “Company”, “Dr. Reddy’s” “us”, “we”, “ourselves” or “our”) and operated and managed with the support of various third party service providers.
The Application is a comprehensive platform that offers services that aim at providing, disseminating, hosting, scientific information and knowledge sharing resources and content across various disease areas. This includes, but is not limited to access to live webinars, expert talks, courses, journal summaries, conference updates, interactive case-based discussion forums, and detailed information about the products of Dr. Reddy’s (collectively, the “Services”). By continuing using the Services, you agree to this Privacy Notice. Please carefully read this Privacy Notice and if you have any questions in relation to the processing of your personal information or this notice, please reach out to using the information provided in the Contact Us section.
Upon your registration at the Application, Dr. Reddy’s is responsible for the processing of your personal information in and during your use of the Application, as it decides why and how it is processed, thereby acting as the “Data Controller” of such personal information. This Privacy Notice describes the ways in which we and our partners process your personal information in relation to the services we offer, measures we have put in place to protect your information and how can you exercise your rights.
Do take note that if you access any third-party link or website from our Services, you may need to refer to the privacy policies of such third parties. We do not endorse and are not responsible for the information or privacy practices of websites or services owned by third parties. You will be subject to the data privacy policies and procedures of such third parties and if you share any data other than as strictly required for the Services, it shall be at your own risk and responsibility.
Personal Information processed:
We collect and process the following categories of personal information:
- Contact Information: We collect and use your name, mobile number, email Id, location, MCI Registration Number, directly or if permitted by you through your Meta and Google profiles, for the purpose of signing up to our Application, to provide the Services and provide support when you contact us and generally to personalise the Services. All of the foregoing are referred to as “User Data”.
- Technical Information: Subsequently, during your use of the Application, we may collect, share and process the following information, (i) technical information including IP address, login information, type and version of operating system and unit, time settings, language settings, first party and third party cookies etc; and (ii) information about the Services we provide to you such as how often you use the Application and which functionality you use the most.
- Optional Services: We may send you news, updates and promotional content by email and text messages and other electronic communications channels, such as push notifications and in-App messages. Such communications may be based on what we know about you as a user and our understanding of how you use the Application and the Services, for example push notifications for products that are relevant for you depending on your specialisation, features you tend to use, and which prior communications you have showed an interest in, searches you have made, your various contacts with the third party service providers as well as basic demographic and geographic data about you, such as your age, gender, practise area, specialisation, and the region in which you reside and/or operate from. However, please note that these are optional services, and you may choose to opt-out using the options in your profile settings or by using the ‘unsubscribe’ option in the emails.
- Aggregated Information: We may use your information including that involving your interaction with our Application in an aggregated or anonymized form. We will use this information for the purpose of analyzing the outcomes and in turn improve your overall experience with our Application, and the associated services.
Sharing / Transfer of your personal information:
The Services provided by or through the Application are rendered by us with the help of several third-parties that we engage with. Some of these third-parties such as publication houses, medical associations etc act independently as Data Controller. We also engage with other third-parties to provide the Services to you. Such third-party service providers act as ‘Data processors’ and are contractually required to protect your personal information and comply with applicable laws.
The third-parties who will access your personal Information are:
- Third party service providers like publication houses, medical associations that moderate, host and/or support scientific events.
- The technology providers we engage for hosting and maintenance services as well as to enable value added services such as our newsletters and for sharing marketing and promotional campaigns.
- The agencies that help in creating content, videos, interviews, talk shows, podcasts, market research and further help in disseminating such content on several other platforms
- Third parties who help us to contact, address, communicate with you in order to share information about our products, educate and apprise you of our service offerings, send reminders and nudges from time to time using electronic communication channels such as emails phone calls, WhatsApp, video calls etc
- Third-parties who conduct analytics to provide us business insights enabling us to improve our services.
- Any law enforcement agency, regulator, or court, if required to comply with the applicable law.
We respect your privacy and therefore do not sell your personal information collected through this Application to any third parties.
We may also retain the services of third party service providers who work independently and who, in this way, are independently responsible for the processing of your personal data, such as event organizers for CMEs and/or International Speaker Programs (ISP), where they may also be responsible for processing your honorariums.
Where applicable, you will be requested to enter into separate agreements directly with such third party service providers. We ask you to please note that this Privacy Notice does not apply to the processing of personal data which takes place through the third-party service provider, for e.g. a medical association or an event organizer acting on behalf of such medical association, which collects your personal information for a CME or ISP, in which we are only a sponsor providing our Docvidya platform for hosting such event. For information regarding how such third-party service providers process your personal data, please contact these service providers.
Purpose of use of your Personal Information:
We process your personal information for the following purposes:
- To process your Registration or terminate your account in the Application;
- To provide you with authorisation to log-in and operate your account;
- To verify your identity;
- To maintain correct and up-to-date information about you;
- To enable you to monitor and avail the Services;
- To measure and analyse your use of the Application and to improve the Application and the Services;
- To handle your choice of settings
The legal basis for processing your personal data by us is that you have provided your consent to enable us to store, access and use your data, so that we are able to provide you with the Services. We will act in accordance with the consent provided, to process your personal data for the performance of the terms and conditions as agreed between us in contracts and /or in use of this Application as per the Application’s Terms and Conditions. The processing of your personal information is also based on our legitimate interest to measure and analyse use of the Application and to improve the Application and the Services we provide to you, analysis, audit , monitoring, fraud and misuse prevention. This is to continually improve the security and our handling of your personal data, to make the Application more user-friendly, for example by changing and personalising the user interface in order to simplify the user journey, or to highlight and improve functions which we deem relevant to our users. All other development of our Services takes place using anonymised data.
Please note that we may process your personal information, within and outside India, if we are required to do so to comply with any applicable law, regulatory direction or court orders/subpoenas.
The third-party service providers we have contracted with will process your personal information in accordance with the consent provided by you and for the purpose of providing the Services to you, which in itself, is the legal basis for processing of your personal information. . The third party service providers may also use your personal information to support us in analysing your areas of interest, providing you with personalised recommendation of the scientific content and products and in improving our services to serve you better.
Storing of your Personal Information:
The personal data received by us or shared by you or obtained from you are stored only in India. The User Data may be stored by us at our subcontracted processor, having their infrastructure within India. Where necessary, we or the third party service providers may occasionally transfer your personal information outside India but only to the extent permitted under the appropriate data protection legislation as applicable to us.
Protection of your Personal Information:
We have implemented the appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure your personal information remains protected. These measures have been designed to provide an adequate level of security, maintain confidentiality, and prevent unauthorized access to your personal information.
The measures we implement meet the industry standards and ensure that they protection your personal information in an appropriate manner that is required depending on the nature of the personal information.
Retention of your Personal Information:
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, to comply with legal or regulatory requirements or until we have received a request from you to delete such information. Unless, you request us to delete your information, your Personal Information shall be retained where it is required for us or any of our service providers to save the personal data to fulfil our/their legal obligations or to meet statutory or legal compliance requirements under laws as apply to us/them or where the information is otherwise necessary in order to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
Your Privacy Rights:
We take reasonable measures to process your personal information in a lawful manner. You have the following rights regarding your personal information, which you can exercise under the conditions and within the limits set forth in the applicable law:
- to be informed as to why your personal data is needed for processing, how we use the data and what will be done with it;
- to access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- to rectify and change any incorrect or incomplete data;
- to erase or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and
- to ask us to restrict processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or to request your personal data be erased (which may however impact your access to the Application and/or the delivery of the Services).
- to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that such withdrawal shall not affect the legality of the processing of personal information based on the consent before such request is made;
- to request redressal for any grievances you may have related to the way your personal information is processed; and
- to nominate another individual to exercise your privacy rights on your behalf in case of your death or inability to do so.
We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim or to comply with any applicable laws.
All information, communication and all measures we carry out are free of charge for you. If, on the other hand, what you request due to your rights is manifestly unfounded or excessive, we have the right to charge an administrative fee to provide you with the information or carry out the requested action, or refuse to act on your request.
To exercise your rights please reach out to using the information provided in the Contact Us section. If you have any concerns related to how your personal information is being processed, you can also write to our Data Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a request related to the processing of your personal data by a Third Party, please contact it directly.
Updates to this Privacy Notice:
We may change or update this Privacy Notice from time to time by posting a new privacy notice on this Application. Please keep checking this notice occasionally so that you are aware of any changes.
Last Updated:January, 2024.