Where to Use?
• To be used in patients with acute watery diarrhea where there is hypersecretion of fluids through stools
Dosage & Administration
• The adult dose is 100 mg thrice daily, orally
• The dose in children is 1.5 mg/kg thrice daily, orally for 5 days
• Sachet in children can be administered orally, directly or mixed with food or water
• Better results with rehydration therapy
• Not recommended in functional intestinal disorders, renal insufficiency, dysenteric syndrome with bloody stools/fever (antibiotic therapy required as Racecadotril may be ineffective)